About Vicki Powers
Vicki Powers, a Texas-based freelance writer, thrives on bringing
words to life—through colorful quotes, visual details, and engaging
style. Her writer/editor responsibilities for the past 15 years
provide a well-rounded background to handle any assignment thrown
Variety of writing experiences:
- Freelance contributions to business,
trade, and custom publications such as Business 2.0, T+D, KMWorld,
and Customer Relationship Management.
- Editor/writer of start-up
trade publication, Continuous Journey.
- Case studies profiling
more than 35 organizations such as Hallmark Cards, Saturn,
and Eddie Bauer for three quarterly member publications.
communications for an oil-services company including writing
and designing its employee publication as a one-person staff.
papers based on benchmarking reports and speeches for online
and print distribution.
- American Productivity & Quality Center—(1992-2002), Communications
- Pool Energy Services Company—(1989-1992), Communications Specialist
- Bachelor of Journalism from The University of Texas at Austin,
- 18 local and regional communications awards (from International
Association of Business Communications, Public Relations Society
of America, and Society of Technical Communications) for Feature
Article, Overall Publication, and Most Improved Publication categories.
Member, American Society of Journalists and Authors